Buffalo Caramel Corn
Yield: 12 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
125 grams un-popped popcorn
375 g 1 can unsalted mixed nuts
250 ml granulated sugar
125 ml golden syrup
125 ml unsalted butter [or margarine]
75 ml Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
or Frank's RedHot® Xtra Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
2 grams baking soda
- HEAT oven to 300°F (150°C). Pop popcorn according to
- Place popcorn and nuts in large well-greased roasting pan.
Heat 10 minutes while preparing glaze.
- IN heavy 3-litre saucepan, combine sugar, corn
syrup, butter and Frank's RedHot® Sauce.
- Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Without stirring, boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda.
- POUR hot syrup over popcorn and nuts, stirring to coat
well. Return to oven. Bake 20 minutes, stirring twice.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely and break apart.
Store tightly covered for 1 week.