BIG DADDY SANDWICH
70 grams Frank’s RedHot Sauce
10 grams fresh rosemary, chopped ﬁnely
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon pepper
2 sirloin steaks (225 grams each)
250 grams shallots
2 tablespoons sugar
60 grams butter
330 millilitres dark ale
4 thick slices tiger bread
100 grams provolone cheese
- Place a frying pan over a low-medium heat; add 2 tablespoons butter; once foamy, add the shallots, stirring constantly until soft and golden.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and the sugar to the onions. Stir over low-medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Next increase the heat, stir in the beer and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown and all the beer has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and pour in 20 grams Frank’s RedHot Sauce and stir to combine and set aside.
- Next make the marinade by mixing 50 grams Frank’s RedHot Sauce, rosemary, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub your hot sauce marinade all over the steaks.
- Carefully lay the steaks on the BBQ and cook for 2-3 minutes a side for medium rare or 4–5 miniutes for medium to well done. Once cooked, remove from the BBQ and rest for 4 minutes then thinly slice the steaks.
- Generously butter the bread, top with baby leaf lettuce, slices of beef, cheese, and beer caramelised spicy onions.